Ellie was asked to talk in Primary last Sunday. All week long, she has been a mixture of nerves and excitement. I think I am allergic to talking in front of a lot of people. I am a little shy of microphones. But when I would ask her if she didn't want to do it, she would emphatically say no. Ellie can never turn down the opportunity to be the center of attention. She was asked to share her favorite scripture story. We decided to tell the story of Lehi and the Liahona (using the model Liahona my dad made for Leilani for her baptism as a prop). She knew the story backward and forward, but when she got up there, she kept turning around for prompts from me. So I went to stand next to her and she loudly whispered, "I can do it myself!" Well, excuse me! I am pretty certain she dragged that short story out a few extra minutes just so she could be up on the stage a little longer.
Monday, March 28, 2011
Sunday Best: This will only make sense to about 1/2 of you edition
Ellie was asked to talk in Primary last Sunday. All week long, she has been a mixture of nerves and excitement. I think I am allergic to talking in front of a lot of people. I am a little shy of microphones. But when I would ask her if she didn't want to do it, she would emphatically say no. Ellie can never turn down the opportunity to be the center of attention. She was asked to share her favorite scripture story. We decided to tell the story of Lehi and the Liahona (using the model Liahona my dad made for Leilani for her baptism as a prop). She knew the story backward and forward, but when she got up there, she kept turning around for prompts from me. So I went to stand next to her and she loudly whispered, "I can do it myself!" Well, excuse me! I am pretty certain she dragged that short story out a few extra minutes just so she could be up on the stage a little longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I didn't even think about the talk during Sunday school!!! I missed it ;(
She can drag on as much as she wants! She was just perfect! Steph and I giggled that she said she could do it all by herself! So proud of my lil niece! Who wouldve thunk all those difficult Sundays that now she's a pro at primary! Love her!
Post a Comment