Monday, March 21, 2011

What I Did Over My Spring Break

Spring Break flew by so quickly! It seemed we were constantly on the go, but I find I only have a few, poor-quality pictures to show for it.
I enrolled Ellie in swim lessons over the break. She loved swim lessons and her instructor to death, but she did not make any progress. Part of the problem was the other boy in her class was terrified of the water so the instructor spent most of her time with him and when it was Ellie's turn, she didn't push her at all. But, Ellie had a blast so that makes spending all that money on lessons a little more bearable.

My favorite part of each Spring Break is taking the kids to the Rodeo. This year, Dianna and her kids joined us. Ellie was so thrilled to have her best friend, Kinleigh, to go on the rides with her!
The petting zoo portion is always a big favorite. This deer was so funny...it kept trying to eat Ellie's hat and Dianna's shirt. I bought food for the kids to feed the animals and Ellie went at it like a pro. My sister, however, freaked out and dropped the whole thing!
Jack loved the animals, as I knew he would. He wanted to feed them, too, so he kept picking up the bedding from the floor and shoving it into poor, unsuspecting animals' mouths. I put a stop to it when I caught him trying to sample it himself.
Other things we did over the break (for journaling purposes...super boring...feel free to skip):
Tom had a track meet Wednesday so Dianna and I took the kids to the park for a picnic. Dianna is a much better mom than I. She packed her kids sandwiches, sliced apples, and homemade cookies. I stopped at the store on my way over for Lunchables.

On Thursday, after I took Ellie to her last swim lesson, Tom and I left for a quick trip to San Antonio. My mom stayed with the kids and it was so nice to have a break from the daily routine of putting kids to bed, getting up at 5:30 with the kids, feeding the kids, listening to kids scream, etc. We returned on Friday and when we pulled up in the driveway, Ellie spotted us and burst into tears. She wanted nothing to do with us because she was so upset her grandma would be leaving. It's nice to know we were missed.
Friday was my nephew Brannon's birthday party. Ellie had so much fun that she informed me she wanted her family birthday party to be at the Little Gym instead of Chuck E Cheese's as she had previously requested. I told her I had already booked her Chuck E Cheese party. To which she responded, "I'll have to think on it."
Now I am back at school and that small taste of freedom has me anxiously awaiting summer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you have the mother load of swim teachers right at your finger tips? just because y'all all have full time jobs doesn't mean y'all can't teach each others kids to swim! The Lawton swim teaching crew was the best!

Sabs said...

spring break really is such a tease for summer:) can't believe i didn't even get to see you this year for spring break! i see jack wore the overalls!!! yay! i like all your pic collages too!