Wednesday, August 10, 2011

An afternoon with a princess

Ellie's cousin Kinleigh had a birthday party last weekend. I didn't tell Ellie that Belle from Beauty and the Beast would be in attendance. Ellie was blown away. She honestly believed it was the REAL Belle and she constantly peppered her with questions about her life at the castle.

Belle did a great job. She read a story to the kids and danced with them, even bursting into song occasionally. Never once did she break from character.
Ellie has now switched her allegiance from Cinderella to Belle.
My little girl is starting kindergarten in a little over a week. I am surprised how hard I am taking it. I just want to keep her my little princess forever.

1 comment:

Maddie said...

Oh Holly, you will love to have a kindergartner! Not the homework part, especially with a busy toddler around... Ellie is so smart, she will have a blast at school. Try to look at each developmental phase as unique and fun as it is. Good luck with those emotional tears and I hope you have been able to snatch all the school sales around!