At the beginning of the summer, I made a list of things I hoped to accomplish and one of the things on the list was to run a 5k. Running a 5k has actually been a goal of mine since my freshman year of college when I signed up for the Habitat for Humanity 5K. I got the t-shirt when I signed up, but the morning of the race, I just turned my alarm off and went back to sleep. I still have the t-shirt. 15 years and 50 pounds later and I still haven't run a 5K. Nevermind that the rest of my siblings have been busy doing marathons and triathlons. This summer I began training in earnest, determined to finally run that measly 3.1 miles. My awesome sister-in-law, Sabrina, was doing the same thing and we decided to run one together. So, this morning, with our husbands and kids cheering us on, we completed our very first 5K in 32 minutes, 45 seconds. Yay us. Now I want to start training for a 10K. What say you, Sabrina?
4 comments:
That is awesome! congrats!
Way to go Holly!
You're the best running partner ever! Can't wait to do one in cooler weather too!
So happy for you! Way to go!
Post a Comment