Thursday, October 16, 2014

In which Tom finally dresses up



 Every year for Halloween I try to get Tom to dress up and every year he refuses. I now know I was going about it all wrong...I just needed to get one of the kids to guilt him into it.  Last night was the Daddy/Daughter Halloween party for the 8-11 year old girls at church and Ellie wanted to go dressed up as Hogwarts students.  Tom might have rolled his eyes about it, but he willingly dressed up and happily participated in all the activities.  Well, maybe on the inside it wasn't happily, but he made a show of it for Ellie.  Tom isn't really a fan of games and dancing, but he IS a fan of Ellie.
 
 I was one of the ladies in charge of the party so I had front row seats to all the adorableness.  My favorite part of the night was when the girls surprised their dads by doing the Thriller dance and then having them join in.  We spent a previous activity night teaching the dance to the girls.  It was a huge hit.

1 comment:

Michele said...

That is so fun! Our activity days are pretty lame here, last activity was on manners (snooze) so I usually "forget" to tell my 8yo when an activity is.