After Sam's big party, I was so relieved that Ellie just wanted to spend her birthday at home with me. I needed a day of rest! We had such a great day. We dropped the boys off at their places of care in the morning and then went to the grocery store where she loaded up on anything her heart desired. This was all very exciting for her because she doesn't normally get much of a say when we go grocery shopping and we try to keep it much healthier. Then, we went home and started watching Gilmore Girls for hours on end. We were on the last season and our goal was to finish it before it was time to pick up Jack and Sam. We pretty much just watched it straight through, pausing only once when Tom came home to eat lunch with Ellie. We finished the last episode of the series 15 minutes before we had to pick up the boys. I didn't eat ANY of the food since I have been doing low-carb/no sugar since January, but I still felt sluggish and drugged after watching so many hours of TV! Ellie was going strong, though. She had her best friend spend the night and they squirreled away the rest of the junk to her bedroom along with their iPads/laptops for the rest of the night. I could still hear them when I went to bed at 11.

Friday evening, I took Jack and Sam to a friend's birthday party and Tom took Ellie out for sushi since he had a track meet the night before and couldn't really celebrate with her. She ordered a bento box and ended up bringing most of it home. Probably still full from all the junk the day before. She liked the one-on-one time with her dad, though.
Continuing on our tradition of stretching out birthdays for days, Tom's dad and his wife took Ellie out to lunch on Saturday. They went to Houston's and Ellie ordered the prime rib. Of course she did. Then they went to La Madeleine's afterward for dessert. Ellie was in food heaven. We don't usually take the kids out to restaurants (because Sam) and definitely not nice ones. Ellie loved getting all of the attention and being able to order whatever she wanted.
As I am typing this, I am realizing that Ellie's birthday basically just revolved around food and one-on-one time, Sounds good to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment