When I went to see Ellie over my lunch hour, the daycare ladies informed me that she has been "terrible. a little pill." Yeah, don't sugar coat it for me, thanks. Apparently, she refused to take a nap and was wanting to be held and cuddled the whole time. And with six other babies in the infant room, they aren't able to do that. Poor Ellie. She has this terrible sounding cough that makes her gag and throw up. I keep having these moments where I stop and think, "Oh my gosh. I am a real mom." Like when Ellie throws up on my work shirt and it doesn't even faze me.
After my visit with Ellie, I had 15 minutes to run into Target to buy more diapers, wipes, baby food, and check the clearance racks for cute outfits. Then, at the register the lady in front of me faints and somehow manages to hurt her leg in the fall. My cashier starts crying, all pandemonium breaks loose, and I am all like "shoot, I have to get back to work." So I go to another register. Only to discover that my wallet isn't in my purse. Then I think I might have thrown it in Target's trashcan outside with my McDonalds bag. So, as two ambulances pull up to Target, I am outside digging through the nasty trash. I am surprised they didn't try to cart me away as well. Turns out I left my wallet at the other register with the crying cashier. So...I am 30 minutes late returning to work for my meeting with my boss where one of the topics on the agenda is tardiness. And how we have to start docking our pay for being late. Just one of those days.
3 comments:
Oh man! That sounds like something that would happen to me.
Hope Ellie gets better...those little coughs are horrible.
Have a good weekend!
Yeah sounds exactly like one of my days!! I guess the black cloud just doesn't hover over my head but actually catches someone else every now and then as well.. not that it is a good thing that it caught you but ya know what I mean.. lol I hope little ellie is feeling better real soon.. My Randie has the same thing.. aww motherhood.. such fun!
wow what a day. i can't believe all the craziness at target. i'll let daniel know that you seem to go to target just as much as i do.
Post a Comment