Monday, August 13, 2007

Daycare hysteria

Today was Ellie's first official day of daycare. Considering that her trial day a few weeks ago was so traumatic for her (initially), I arranged to have Tom drop her off this morning. (I knew that I would not be able to handle it.) So last night I carefully packed her bag with diapers, wipes, an extra set of clothes, and an emergency pacifier. This morning I dressed her in an outfit that was cute, but not so cute that I would be terribly upset to see it ruined. Then I passed her off to Tom and escaped to work, relieved to have avoided the drop off drama. Well, apparently it was even worse than last time. She remembered the place instantly and began wailing and clinging to Tom's legs. Tom said he has never seen her so upset. Just absolutely hysterical. And guess whose turn it is to drop her off tomorrow? Sigh. I know it will get better and this is just one of those things that working parents have to go through, but dang, it sure does suck.

On a lighter note, one of Ellie's favorite games to play these days is Name That Body Part. I noticed yesterday that whenever I would say to Ellie "I love you," she would point to her eye. I guess she thinks I am saying "eye love you!"

4 comments:

Sabs said...

so sad!!!! hopefully she'll make friends soon and then it won't be so scary. i thought just dropping kolby off at nursery was bad.

betsy said...

Ah poor girl, hopefully she starts having easier drop offs soon!
I think TP was confused when I said "I love you" too...b/c she pointed to her eye and then shook her head no!

Tonya said...

oh man that sucks.. I sure hope she gets used to it soon so you all dont have to go through that..

Wendy said...

I hope that she is starting to have easier drop offs! I am sure it will happen quicker than you think!