Thursday, August 09, 2007

Ellie, Ellie, Ellie

Good news! I discovered this weekend that Ellie will keep bows and pig tails in her hair now. Because I would always say "pretty" when I put them in, she thinks that is what they are called and will say "pret tee" and pat her head. I made the mistake of telling her she was so pretty when I was feeding her and she heard the word pretty and started patting her head looking for the bow. Unfortunately, her hand was covered in food which was promptly smushed into her hair.
But, yeah, she loves wearing them now and all I have to do is say, "You want a pretty?" and she will run to the bathroom and try to get her hair stuff out of the drawer.
She is still wanting to climb everything. She climbed up the back of the rocking chair the other day and I caught it just as it came crashing down to the floor. She also tried to climb up a stool in the kitchen and when it fell over, she stood next to it crying and saying, "uh oh, uh oh" like a broken record.
I sure love that kid.

3 comments:

Dianna said...

what a cute outfit! :) glad she likes to keep her pigtails in now b/c they look so adorable. what is with kids and having to climb on EVERYTHING! it's amazing they don't break all of their bones before they turn two.

Sachiyo said...

her hair is getting so long! and you're going to be very proud of me...ha ha...hope all is well in Texas!

Sabs said...

such cute piggy tails! you and di will have to teach me how to do olivia's hair....when she gets some:)

p.s. sachi, 2:48 AM crazy girl!