Sunday, August 05, 2007

Weekend recap

As I am typing this, Ellie is sitting on the floor next to me reading one of her books. Considering the wild thing she has been all day, I am enjoying this momentary lull. This has been a crazy, roller coaster of a weekend.

Saturday, everything seemed to go wrong. And some of those things were pretty expensive. Tom and I were at each other's throats because we were both so stressed out. But then we just decided to shrug it off and roll with the punches. Alex came over for dinner and we played Trivial Pursuit (Pop Culture and the 90s). I love playing Trivial Pursuit, but I totally suck at it. Also, I made chocolate chip brownies, but didn't have regular eggs so I substituted in Egg Beaters. Note to self: Egg Beaters do not work in brownies.Today, Ellie was awful in church. I tried to keep her occupied with books and Cheerios, but she wanted to run screaming up and down the aisles. I had to keep taking her out and I couldn't help thinking, "Why do I even bother coming when I spend the whole time in the hallway?" And then I ran into Bro. S. in the hallway and he was his usual offensive self. I know that I should just shrug him off, but his comments today really hurt my feelings. But, after church I went over to Daniel and Sabrina's for a really yummy dinner and hanging out with them really took the sting out of Bro. S.'s remarks. So, now that I am reflecting back on the weekend and Ellie is at my feet acting like a little angel (instead of the little hellion she was earlier), I feel pretty good about the weekend. Nothing like good friends and family to turn things around.

7 comments:

Sabs said...

glad we could oblige:) We missed ya'll! Thanks for sharing a hectic "day of rest" with us:)

Unknown said...

Ellie's getting so big.

Church! LOL. I was thinking the same thing yesterday. The aisles were just so tempting to a little boy who loves to run.

Anonymous said...

The fact that Ellie was particularly bad in church yesterday implies that she normally is not that bad. That's impressive. We stopped attempting to take Jenna in with us when she was about 9 months old. The nursery is our friend!

betsy said...

thank you for giving me yet another excuse to use about attending church...!!!

love the pictures, she is such an adorable girl!

Texasholly said...

Oh no, she is always that bad! I was just more annoyed yesterday. And my church doesn't do nursery during the main hour...oh how I wish they did :)

Becca said...

I always send Ava to the nursery too. I don't know if I could take her if they didn't have one! But I guess I have my excuse if I ever don't feel like going! And Ellie is just so cute. Toddlers are a blast aren't they!

Dianna said...

Stupid Man!