Tuesday, August 14, 2007
What? Are we STILL talking about daycare?
Ok, so I know y'all are so sick of me talking about daycare, but I am like obsessed about it lately. I dropped Ellie off this morning and she cried, but it wasn't too bad. However, I was not too thrilled with what I saw when I walked in there. Some kids were just sitting on the floor staring into space, others were wailing, and a few were playing with toys (covered in germs, no doubt). The two teachers were busy decorating their bulletin boards. One of the turned to me and said, "Sorry the class in such chaos today. Corporate is coming this week and we have to get the classroom in order." Um, hello? I have to decorate my classroom, too, but you can bet I am not going to do it during class time. At least wait til the little buggers are down for a nap. I miss my old daycare (despite all the cooties).
Ok, enough about daycare (for today). My time here at the library is rapidly coming to a close. Yesterday, my coworkers threw Sheryl and I a Goodbye and Good Luck party. They ordered a cake that was half my school's colors and half Sheryl's colors. Even better, my side was chocolate. Mmmmm. I am really going to miss all my friends here at the library. I am going to miss working surrounded by books. I will miss the privacy of my office and the picture of Hilary Duff right above my computer, placed there by my YA assistant. I may even miss Grumpy Old Porn Man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i'm so sorry about your daycare situation. i hate daycare problems!
i thought landry was at an awesome daycare. then, when i was on maternity leave with korley i would pop in randomly throughout the day to check on landry, etc. i saw things that went on in the middle of the day that just made me boil! i have both of them in a great place now (i think), but it is so hard for parents to find a place to leave their babies!
zomg! germs!
*ugh* that's aggravating! I am sure they get planning time to do that sort of thing or nap!! That was when I did all that stuff in my preschool class.
So sorry you are having issues with the daycare. I personally haven't had to deal with it, but I have friends in your same situation and as if it's not hard enough to find one that has an opening, it's even harder to find one that will be acceptable. I hope things get better and Ellie stays germ free!!
Post a Comment