Anyway, on to Ellie. She was going through a little phase where she kind of hated me. Mostly if Tom was around. I’d try to hug her and she’d push me away with a “No, Mommy!” or I’d try to push her stroller and she’d say, “No, Daddy do it” or I’d try to read her a bedtime story and she’d say, “No, Daddy read it.” You get the idea. I couldn’t even bribe her with treats or promises of Elmo marathons. Yeah, it totally broke my heart and I’d be lying if I said it didn’t make me cry. But, thankfully, she loves me once again. There’s nothing like the happy yells of “Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!” and feeling small arms wrapped around your neck. I don’t know how my tender heart will handle the teenage years when she is slamming doors and yelling, “I hate you! You’re ruining my life!”
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Too tired to think of a title
This week is TAKS week at school courtesy of No Child Left Standing Behind. I have yet to meet a teacher or student in Texas that doesn’t cringe and groan when they hear the word TAKS. I just feel fried right now and I’m not the poor kid taking the test. No, I just walk around the room for hours on end without sitting down once because heaven forbid if you should sit down or read a book or glance at a newspaper!
Anyway, on to Ellie. She was going through a little phase where she kind of hated me. Mostly if Tom was around. I’d try to hug her and she’d push me away with a “No, Mommy!” or I’d try to push her stroller and she’d say, “No, Daddy do it” or I’d try to read her a bedtime story and she’d say, “No, Daddy read it.” You get the idea. I couldn’t even bribe her with treats or promises of Elmo marathons. Yeah, it totally broke my heart and I’d be lying if I said it didn’t make me cry. But, thankfully, she loves me once again. There’s nothing like the happy yells of “Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!” and feeling small arms wrapped around your neck. I don’t know how my tender heart will handle the teenage years when she is slamming doors and yelling, “I hate you! You’re ruining my life!”
Anyway, on to Ellie. She was going through a little phase where she kind of hated me. Mostly if Tom was around. I’d try to hug her and she’d push me away with a “No, Mommy!” or I’d try to push her stroller and she’d say, “No, Daddy do it” or I’d try to read her a bedtime story and she’d say, “No, Daddy read it.” You get the idea. I couldn’t even bribe her with treats or promises of Elmo marathons. Yeah, it totally broke my heart and I’d be lying if I said it didn’t make me cry. But, thankfully, she loves me once again. There’s nothing like the happy yells of “Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!” and feeling small arms wrapped around your neck. I don’t know how my tender heart will handle the teenage years when she is slamming doors and yelling, “I hate you! You’re ruining my life!”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh, yes, we are there. If Daddy's around, she wants him to do everything for her. In fact, if I hand her what she wants, she will put it back until he gives it to her. Fortunately, I still get the "Mommy! Mommy!" when he's not around (which is most of the time).
Any teacher friend I've ever known hated TAKS with everything in them. I feel for you!
I guess every state has their state-wide standardized tests this time of year. In TN it's called TCAP. I'm so glad NOT to be administering that this year :).
glad to hear she loves you again:)
Ellie is doing the same thing to Greg right now and it makes me feel horrible!
We went through this stage too!
Surprisingly it did sting a little. I don't look forward to the teenage years either.
Post a Comment