I was nervous all day about talking to Ellie's teacher. I just don't like those sort of things, y'know? I normally gloss over uncomfortable situations. When I went to pick her up, her teacher was in the back of the room changing diapers. She seemed a little distant at first, but I explained my feelings and she apologized for her reaction. We worked it all out. She did ask me at the end if I could have as little talk with Ellie about her behavior at naptime, asking me to explain to her to talk quietly while the others were sleeping. I simply said yes, but in my mind I was like, how old do you think my child is? I can't really imagine sitting Ellie down and explaining to her that she needs to lower her voice when she recites her ABCs while the other children sleep. I think Ellie would just look at me like, what on earth are you talking about, Mom? Eh, whatever, I mentioned it to her on the way home from school (she was watching Elmo's Potty Time so I am not sure she even heard me, but you see how committed I was?).
I appreciated everybody's comments from before. It gave me the confidence I needed to go talk to Ellie's teacher and know that I am not just being an overprotective mama (although I am that, too).
5 comments:
Hmm...I'd love to see how sitting down Lila for a "talk" would go. LOL. This woman does work with 2 year olds all day, right? You'd think she'd know that's a ludicrous idea.
Just like Chas said, I would LOVE to see how Ava would react if I sat her down and tried to talk to her about being quiet at naptime. Maybe when she's 6..but 2?? Come on, most of them can't even understand you if you ask them if they have pooped their pants. I hope that the little talk today,. I give you alot of credit because I don't know if I would have been able to keep my cool.
LOL! That's pretty funny! Maybe you should explain to the teacher that they should read to Ellie or give her something to do on her mat or cot. You know, tell them that Ellie suggested that since she is 5 not 2;) I am glad you were able to talk to the teacher. I would have been nervous also.
I'm not trying to be a little contention setter...but was her asking you to "have a talk" with Ellie, was that a "reaction" to her reaction? I mean was she using it to pull a little of the lime-light off of her bad behavior? I agree, Ellie's at an age, where it's not a big deal to her yet. They just don't understand it. Makaya didn't understand the "Shhh" or "Be Quiet" until WELL AFTER 2--like closer to 3 if that...(this was when Kason came along) I think in her head, if she understood what I meant, she thought she was being quiet, but she wasn't. It's just something that comes. (She still sometimes says SLOW instead of Softly-and she's 4 now!...see my point?!) hahaha
glad to hear the results :) kinleigh's dance teacher does the same thing. example, the other day one of the girls was dancing in the circle the wrong way and bumped into another little girl. the instructor sits the whole class down to inform them that they have to go around the circle the right direction b/c people get hurt when they go the wrong direction. as if they know the right direction in the first place. it is a bunch of 1 1/2 and 2 year olds.
Post a Comment