Going to the pool with kids is light years away from going to the pool BK (before kids). Back then, I would casually stroll into the pool area feeling cool in my new tankini, carrying nothing except a towel slung over my shoulders.
Now, preparation starts two hours before we leave. Floaties and baby boat are blown up, kids are fed, and the packing begins. I scrounge around for the biggest (and tackiest) canvas bag I can find. In it I throw three different types of sunscreen, outfit changes, towels, snacks, bottled water, diapers, wipes, goggles, bottles, and formula. I stagger out to the car with the giant bag over my shoulder, 23 pound baby in one arm, and weird blow up froggie boat in the other. Finally, everyone is buckled in and we drive 20 minutes to the "good pool" so we can swim with cousins. We roll into the parking lot around the same time as the black clouds, lightening, and thunder. The pool closes before we even step out of the car.
At least they still get to play with cousins.
2 comments:
you made me laugh today - your post is spot on! So true - life was simpler BK.
Oh SO TRUE! Very Funny. At least they still got to play with cousins.... :)
Post a Comment