![]() |
| At least I was a good parent to ONE of my children |
Thursday, February 06, 2014
A questionable dinner
I took no less than two parenting classes in college (Human Development minor) and totally aced both of them. But last night I was a complete failure as a parent. Tom had a track meet and wasn't going to be home til late. I don't know why, but when Tom isn't home I feel like there is no need to make dinner. Like that one less person makes all the difference. I was tired. So, so tired. All I wanted to do was sit in the comfy chair and hold my sleeping baby. So, I told Ellie to make dinner. That's right. I told my 7 year old that dinner was on her. I was fully expecting her to put some Eggos in the toaster or something, but she went with bread and Nutella. What kind of mom lets her kids eat bread and Nutella for dinner (not that Eggos are so much healthier)? No veggies, no fruit, no protein...wait, I think Nutella has protein. Hence the NUT in Nutella. And the bread was whole wheat. So, maybe it wasn't ALL bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Don"t be so hard on yourself! Nutella won't kill them and you can count it as teaching Ellie Self-sufficiency skills which is a great thing! She will thank you someday and she will be a better person for being able to be independent.
Nutella is a regular around here.
Post a Comment