I walked 31 miles in January according to my RunKeeper App. I figured out that I would have to walk about 42 miles a month to meet my goal of 500 miles for the year, but now I need to up my mileage since I fell short in January. I blame the Snowpacolypse. I am actually loving walking. I like to stop in a neighborhood on my way to pick up the kids and walk around the lake for about 45 minutes. No one is ever there and it is just so peaceful. One day, I tried to take Ellie, Jack, Sam, and the dog for a 2.5 mile walk around my neighborhood. I was pushing Sam in the stroller with Jack climbing off and on and Ellie was wrangling the dog. Let's just say it didn't go well and that last half mile was torture. I learned my lesson. Walking is much more enjoyable in solitude!
My other resolutions were to be more social and to take better care of my appearance. So shallow, I know, but I have very good reasons behind them. Ahem. Anyway, I went out twice with friends and I actually did my hair and make-up every day except for the two days when school was cancelled and I stayed in my pajamas all day. Hair and make-up would just look silly in jammies.
My one non-shallow resolution to be more kind is harder to measure. I was trying to purposely do an act of kindness each day, but I found myself at the end of the day searching my brain for something nice I did and counting that. I think that resolution will just be put along with my other things that I am constantly working at like being more patient, complaining less, laughing more, serving others, and just trying to be...better.
No comments:
Post a Comment