I love Valentine's Day. Seriously. Love it. I continued on my parents' tradition of putting heart-shaped boxes of chocolates on my kids' breakfast plates. I would have made heart-shaped pancakes, too, but ain't nobody got time for that so the kids enjoyed some red velvet Pop Tarts instead.
 |
| No chocolates or PopTarts for Sam |
Every year I tell Tom that I do not want flowers and every year he insists on buying them. Flowers are pretty, but they are overpriced and die quickly! I don't know why he doesn't believe me when I tell him that all I want is for him to write me a love letter and maybe pick up the house?
 |
| I know, they ARE beautiful |
He bought Ellie a flower, too, and she was much more grateful than I was.
 |
| Highlight of Ellie's day |
In the evening, Tom and I went to Mark and Rosie's for their annual Valentine's Day party. In the past, they have always done the Newlywed Game, but this year they did a Murder Mystery dinner party. It was so much fun. Tom and I played farmers named Gunner and Honey Dew.
 |
| Meet Gunner and Honey Dew, farmers (or are they?) |
During the game, I found out that I was really a serial killer who had killed 50 of my farmhands and 30 other people before that. But I wasn't the murderer. Tom's back story was that he was in witness protection program hiding from the mob. Oh, and he had a fondness for poetry. At the end of the game, I accurately guessed who the murderer was. I totally should have been a detective instead of a teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment