
Ellie is so lucky to have Tom as a father. When we first got married, I was unsure of what type of father Tom would be. He hadn't had much experience with children and never seemed all that enamored of them. When my brothers would get down on the ground and roughhouse with my nieces, Tom would always sit back and watch from a safe distance. Since Ellie has come into our lives, I am constantly amazed by what a wonderful father Tom is to her. I went back to work when Ellie was 8 weeks old. Tom was off for the summer and thus spent the next three months being a full-time dad to a newborn. Ellie was not an easy baby, but Tom quickly learned how to meet her demands. I would come home after a long day at work to find Tom rocking her, or singing to her, or changing a nasty diaper. This summer, Tom has once again seamlessly slipped into the role of stay-at-home dad. And already, I can see Ellie blossoming from all the attention he lavishes on her. I know that Ellie will always have a special bond with her daddy and that makes me feel incredibly happy.
5 comments:
Evie has that same shirt! Annnd, Ellie's pigtails looks so cute!!
Cute pics! And I'm jealous--Jenna now takes out anything I put in her hair. In about 3 seconds flat. :) Isn't it great to have a hubby who's such a great father? Lucky girls!
the pig tails...so adorable! I can't wait until Lani's hair is long enough to do that!!
Such a sweet post about your hubby! Aren't we all so lucky to have such great Dad's for our kids?
Love the shirt and the pigtails! And you are so lucky to have him as a husband and a father. Being a stay at home is tough indeed, but I respect fathers so much more when they are able to stay home and take care of their little ones. I hope he had a FANTASTIC Father's Day. You both deserve it!
She has like aged overnight! What a big girl walk'in! You can tell Tom is a amazing father just by how happy you are and how much Ellie adores Tom!
Post a Comment