Monday, November 17, 2014

Darth Vadar

Well, last night was rough. Sam's breathing became even more labored and I was really regretting my decision to wait til morning. We did another breathing treatment and it seemed to help a little. I mean, he still sounded like Darth Vadar,  but he was no longer skipping breaths. Either way, we didn't sleep much.

Tom took him to the Pediatrician this morning as soon as they opened. The office is right across the street from my school and I was able to make it to his appointment.  As soon as they heard Sam's breathing, they pulled our doctor away from another patient. She gave Sam an oral steroid and two breathing treatments.  She said if he didn't show any improvement, then we would need to take him to the E.R. Thankfully, he improved slightly and we were able to take him home, but we have to give him breathing treatments every three hours, even during the night.  We also have to take him back to the doctor tomorrow morning. So...I guess I wasn't overreacting yesterday.

No comments: