Y'all, is it just me, or does Halloween seem to last so much longer than it did when we were kids? I feel like my kids have been dressing up and celebrating for days on end. It started on Wednesday with Trunk-or-Treat at the church. Wait, let me back up. It started with my kids telling me they wanted to dress up as Wild Kratts and me attempting to make a homemade costume for the first time in their lives. I use the word "make" loosely because I actually bought the shirts and I used the PBS website. I was still super proud of myself for doing all the printing, cutting, and gluing, though.
The kids got to take their costumes on a trial run at the church Trunk-or-Treat. Ellie brought her BFF even though Maleficient didn't really go with our theme. Totally kidding.
Then Thursday was a costume parade at Jack's preschool. He asked to go as Spider-Man because he had coordinated the day before with his little buddy. Luckily, we pretty much own every superhero costume there is.
This morning, to keep our momentum going, I dressed the kids in their Halloween shirts. Ellie didn't want to wear hers, but as it is the only one I actually paid for, I told her she would wear it or not go trick-or-treating. So, her smile isn't as bright as the others. Or maybe it's because it is 6:30am.
And, finally, the actual celebration. We continued our tradition of going to a Halloween dinner party that some friends throw every year. They live on a street that goes all out for Halloween. Tom wasn't home yet, so I opted to skip trying to take the kids trick-or-treating on that street after dinner. We stopped at my parents' house and went to a few houses on their street. Sam was not having anything to do with this trick-or-treating business. Tom got home just in time to take Ellie and Jack out to score some candy while I put Sam to bed.
Halloween was fun, but I am happy to put it behind us and start making plans for Thanksgiving. I think a road trip to Arizona is in the works!


.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment