I really don't have much to say today. It sucks being at work all day while Tom gets to stay home with Ellie-belly. They have slipped into a nice routine of walks and trips to the park and naps and all sorts of good stuff.
Ellie has decided she loves cats. She got to pet the neighbor's cat on her walk yesterday and she could not stop saying "Cat!" over and over again. Then she would try to say "meow, meow" but it came out sounding like "bow bow." She is also obsessed with the devil-dogs. When I go get her out of her crib in the mornings, she always starts pointing to the kitchen and saying "Dog! Dog!" When I let them out of the kitchen, they knock her over with their tongue lickings and over-excitedness, but she does not seem to have any fear of our 90 pounds dogs.
In less than three weeks, we are taking a very, long roadtrip to New Jersey. If y'all have any tips on traveling long distances with a toddler, let me know!
6 comments:
Wow--you're brave! That's a long trip, but maybe you could get a portable DVD player and some Dora DVDs. Or whatever she would like to watch and you can tolerate. :) We don't have a portable DVD player yet, but I'm sure we'll get one sometime soon. She doesn't like to watch TV, but I'm sure it would help in the car for a long trip.
make sure you bring lots of snacks.. lol That way her mouth is too full to be screaming she wants out of the car.. lol Nah really though, snacks and things to keep her entertained. does she like to be read to? That is always an option :) Hope you have a great time though!
Benadryl....
Just kidding (kind of). Actually, Benadryl has the complete opposite affect on both of my kids--it hypes them up. I wish you luck, though. We just got back from Florida where Korley was a NIGHTMARE on the plane. I second the other comments--snacks and DVDs. Also, since she likes cats so much, bring along a kitty! ;)
I would maybe ask her pediatrician what he recommends as far as medication. I have heard Benadryl too but it has different effects on everyone. You can try it before you leave and see how she does. Like Karen I would recommend the DVD player too. Are you all driving during the day or night? Even though night driving sucks, she would be more likely to sleep. Good luck! I drove from Lexington, KY to Hilton Head, SC last summer when Ava was 4 months and it's a 10 hour drive but she did pretty well.
I've heard to start early (like 4 am) so she'll sleep half the way. Then bring a big bag full of new toys (dollar tree! or yard sale, whatever) and some new, fun snacks. And of course a little DVD player!
Good luck with that!! I think food, and new toys are great ideas!!! Also a DVD player if she will watch one!
Post a Comment