Friday, June 22, 2007

Pouting princess

I cannot get over how much like a "real kid" Ellie is turning into. Like the other day? She totally went and pouted in a corner. Kolby took a toy away from her and she did a mad yell and stormed over to the corner of the room and put her face against the wall. Then she would peek over her shoulder to make sure we were witnessing her distress. I was cracking up, but also wondering how she learned that? Because I myself am a big pouter, but I definitely don't go sticking my nose in the corner. Also, when we tell her no, she will often fold her arms and turn her head away from us (ok, that might have been picked up from me).

Of course, she isn't always pouting. Usually she is puttering around the house, jabbering away in whatever language she speaks, and bringing us random toys or books. She loves to climb up on the bed with us and push us over. Or scare us by saying "Boo!" and growling. I seriously have so much fun hanging out with her. Who knew that 14 month olds were such great playmates?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

They're so much fun, aren't they!

Landon does the same thing. My husband swears he gets the temper from me. Crazy how quickly they learn things. The big sad eyes when they're told no always gets me. Its like I've totally destroyed his world if I tell him no.

Becca said...

Ava is the same way too. She has somewhere developed a MAJOR attitude (probably from me) and overnight has turned into a toddler from a baby. She is so much fun now though, and makes me laugh constantly!

Dianna said...

Can't wait to see that fun for myself. She is hilarious.

Tonya said...

They are totally great and the new things they come out with all the time is so entertaining :)