Ellie's game last night went really well! Sure, they lost 22-0 and Ellie struck out the only time she was at bat, but I was so impressed with how focused she was on the game. It was fun watching her. Especially since I didn't have to deal with the boys...best $20 I ever spent. I am considering hiring a babysitter again for next Thursday's game. I don't know if I will be able to get the same one because I think two hours chasing Jack and Sam around the playground/ball fields wore her out.
Ellie and Jack are both missing their games this weekend. I am like the parents that Tom hates on his team...letting my kids miss so we can go have fun. But my dad is taking Jack on the father/son campout through my church. He took Jack that year and Jack has not stopped talking about it since. Then, on Saturday, we got passes to the zoo. Not just any passes, these passes come with an animal encounter, free lunch, an pictures with the Easter Bunny. I gave Ellie the choice between her game and the zoo. Of course my animal-lover picked the zoo. I just wish Tom didn't have a meet and could join us!
This morning, Ellie came downstairs dressed like Harry Potter. After I stopped laughing, I asked her why she was dressed like that. She informed me that it is Dress Like a Movie Star today at school (their school is the All-Stars). She chose to dress like Harry Potter because "he is in movies so he is a star." I decided not to discuss the distinction between celebrities and characters because I love Harry Potter as much as she does.
No comments:
Post a Comment