Thursday, March 19, 2015

Why can't they just sit at home and watch TV all day?

I have already written about how enrolling my kids in t-ball/softball during track season is going to kill me.  Well, I decided to enroll Jack in swim lessons this week just to add to the fun.  Honestly, since games haven't started and swim is just Monday - Thursday, it hasn't been that bad. Today is the only day it gets tricky because Tom has a meet and Ellie has practice when Jack has swim. I am also taking my nephew to swim because my sister has to take her daughter to piano and volleyball.  And then Jack has t-ball practice right after swim.  Also, Tom is at a meet tonight so I will be trying to keep Jack contained and entertained at a pool and then at baseball fields.  Plus, Jack's practice is from 6:30-7:30. Sam goes to bed at 6:00 (and even then I STILL have to wake him up in the mornings)! So, Sam will be up way past his bed time and Sam doesn't do tired well.

Friday is also busy because Tom has another meet and Ellie's team is decorating their float for the Baseball Opening Day Parade.  They are meeting at 6:30 and so once again I will be keeping Sam out past bedtime. Then, Saturday morning, I have to drop Ellie off for the parade at 6:45 AM at one house and drop Jack off at another location at 7:00 AM.  Then we watch the parade and go watch opening day ceremonies.  And to top it off, Jack has his first game at 3:00.

All of these times and events are just bumping around in my brain, driving me crazy, and I keep going over my schedule and trying to figure out a way to be most efficient and sane.  Typing it all out actually helped because it doesn't seem as much on paper (screen) as it does it my head.

On a brighter note, Jack is LOVING swim lessons.  He isn't learning anything, but he really loves it. So, yay, I guess.  It is hard for me to watch his lessons because the instructor wastes so much time and doesn't get much accomplished during the lessons.  I taught swim lessons for years and I just want to jump in the water and give her some tips. Oh, this reminds me, swim team registration is now open and I need to go register Ellie.  Awesome.
Jack and his cousin, Levi
Ellie helping me keep Sam entertained and away from the pool. That lasted for 5 minutes.


No comments: