I was so proud of myself this morning for remembering that is was St. Patrick's Day. If I was one of those Pinterest moms, I would have made my kids green eggs and ham and decorated the house in shamrocks, but I was patting myself on the back for remembering to dress them in green shirts. I even snapped a picture of Ellie in her Ireland soccer jersey.
When I was dressing myself, I realized my pants were still in the dryer so I pulled on some old sweats to wear downstairs. I then got caught up in the morning rush of dressing, feeding, and rushing kids out the door. Luckily (Irish luck), I remembered that I was still wearing my sweat pants and I was climbing in the car so I ran back into the house to change. I pulled up at Ellie's school still feeling like I had it all together, when I noticed men pulling big suitcases out of their cars. I asked Ellie what was going on and she said, "Oh, it is school picture day today!" Well, I guess her jersey isn't as bad as the free HEB Reading Rocks t-shirt she was wearing for class pictures when I forgot two years ago.

No comments:
Post a Comment