Here are the pictures my dad sent me of his campout with Jack. They were delayed getting there because of an accident on the highway so they had to take their hike in the dark. Jack normally is in bed by 7:00 and he stayed up until midnight. Needless to say, he was in heaven. My dad? Probably not so much.
 |
| Hiking in the dark |
 |
| He shared this tent with his grandpa, two uncles, and three cousins |
My dad woke up early Saturday to get Jack back to me in time to go to the zoo. I really wanted to get there in time for the animal encounter, but the encounter turned out to just be an armadillo, snake, and iguana. Ellie and Jack still loved being able to touch them. I was too busy chasing Sam around, but my friend, Amanda, came with us and acted as photographer. Good thing, because these are the only pictures I took:
 |
| My little monkeys |
 |
| It may not look like it, but Sam LOVED the Easter Bunny! |
The kids really loved the zoo. Sam was a huge pain in the butt, though, because he didn't want to be in his stroller when Ellie and Jack were free. So, I would let him out and he would just take off--not caring about staying near us at all. The kid is stressful. I am so glad I decided not to take him on the cruise with us. Oh, I haven't even blogged about that yet. OK, so my dad is paying for the entire family to go on a 7 day Caribbean cruise right when school gets out for our family reunion. After doing some research, I realized that the ship isn't really that friendly for the under 3 crowd. The toddlers can't even go in the pool or the kid-zone. And with Sam's resistance to strollers and his proclivity for escaping, I just felt like the cruise would be really stressful with him along. Not to mention that he would really limit what shore excursions we could do. Ms. Donika said she would watch him for the week, but I have never left any of my kids for more than 3 nights. I was seriously conflicted, but after polling (and annoying) everyone I know, I decided leaving him with his beloved "Geeka" was for the best. I am now really looking forward to the cruise! And after Sam's 40+ minute tantrum yesterday, I am REALLY not regretting my decision. I really love Sam, but the boy is STUBBORN...I have no idea where he gets it from. Probably Tom.
And now for a million zoo pictures, courtesy of Amanda.
 |
| I don't need to go to the zoo to see monkeys |
 |
| Everyone helps wrangle Sam |
 |
| Apparently, armadillos are carriers of leprosy. We used a lot of hand-sanitizer after this. |
 |
| I love Jack's face in all of these pictures |
 |
| And I love Ellie's face...trying not to show how much she is loving it. |
 |
| Ewwww...sssssnake! |
No comments:
Post a Comment