Thursday, March 26, 2015
Feeling old and cheap
Ellie has her first softball game tonight. I am actually really excited to watch it because Ellie has been taking this whole softball thing very seriously. I know. Nobody is more surprised than me. Anyway, Tom has a meet and I know I will not get to watch with Sam and Jack in tow, so I am hiring a babysitter to come to the softball fields with us and play with the boys on the nearby playground. This is a milestone moment, y'all, because I have never had anyone babysit my kids who is not related to them. Also, babysitting is dang expensive these days. The going rate is $10/hour. So tonight's little game is going to set me back a cool $20. Back when I used to babysit, in this exact same neighborhood, I only got paid $3/hour. Talk about inflation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment