Swim clinic started yesterday. Swim clinic is three weeks of swim classes to get the kids ready for swim team. The have preschool, beginner, and intermediate levels. I put Jack in the preschool clinic even though they specifically said it isn't swim lessons and all kids should be able to swim. Let's be honest, Jack can't swim. He can dog paddle for a few feet until he needs to take a breath. But I was optimistic and enrolled him anyway. He loved it, of course. I love Jack's age...they just love everything. So, Jack's swim clinic was from 4:00-4:45, Ellie's was from 5:15-6:00, and then Jack had a t-ball game at 6:30. Luckily for me, everything was at the same location and we had lots of friends also participating in the clinic so we just set up camp on a picnic blanket and enjoyed the evening.
 |
| Elmo on the iPad...my saving grace |
 |
| I guess the sun was too bright for Sam |
Tom finished up with track practice and met us at the pool just in time to take Jack to his t-ball game and I took Sam and Ellie home for baths and bed. Tom gets a little frustrated watching Jack play t-ball because he kind of just stands around doing nothing and ignoring all instruction. I kept getting texts describing all the happenings (or nonhappenings) and the last text said, "I'm not going to any more games." I was like, "Heck yeah, I'll do the games and you do baths/bedtimes!" When they got home, I asked Jack how his game went and his enthusiastic reply was, "GREAT!"
In other news, Sam's 2nd birthday is tomorrow! Tom has track meets for the next 4 days. Basically tonight is the last night the kids will see him until Sunday since he leaves for school before they wake up and track meets last until after they are in bed. So...we are having our little family party for Sam tonight. He doesn't know when his birthday is anyway. Actually, he doesn't even know what a birthday IS so we are all good.
No comments:
Post a Comment