Dear Sam,
Happy birthday, Sambo! You are turning two, but everyone assumes you are much older because you are a beast! Seriously, kid, you are wearing shirts that Jack wore a year ago. Not only do you look older than your age, but you desperately want to be older. You want to do everything your brother and sister do...especially Jack. You get angry if we try to make you sit in a stroller or force you to stay indoors when Ellie and Jack are running free. We drag you along to all of their activities and I know it frustrates you that you can't be on the field or in the pool with them. Soon enough, Sam. Soon enough.
You still don't like to snuggle or be held, but you do greet us with hugs and a happy, "Hi!" You say, "I love you" and press your body into ours for a second before you are off and running. The one time you really let me hold and love on you is at church, but I think that is just because you are so terrified that someone will take you to nursery.
Like your brother and sister when they were two, you love Elmo. No, you REALLY love Elmo. I am talking obsessed. You would watch Elmo for hours if I let you. But you refuse to watch any other part of Sesame Street so we have to forward to Elmo's World or you will start throwing remotes and screaming. I finally wised up and downloaded a few Elmo's World episodes.
The one thing you like more than Elmo is riding tricycles outside or playing at the park. You love playing outdoors. You also like riding your ride-on toys indoors and you do fast loops around our downstairs.
You still don't talk a whole lot because you are waited on hand and foot by everyone around you. I had your hearing tested a couple months ago and the ear doctor said you are just the typical third child. You are remarkably clear when you need to be, though. For example, "I want more" is crystal clear.
Sam you are so stubborn and strong-willed, but you are funny as heck. You really do have a great sense of humor. You have all of us wrapped around your little finger because you are so dang adorable. You are the perfect bookend to our little family. I love you forever, Sam the Man. Happy birthday.
Love,
Mama

No comments:
Post a Comment