Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Weekend recap: Fun with family edition

This past weekend was spent doing what I like best...spending time with family. Friday, I brought my nieces home with me from swim practice so they could play with Jack and Ellie even though I had just told Ellie the day before that they were grounded for a full week. I may have even told Ellie that I was going to make her life so miserable she was going to wish she had never been born. Clearly, following through is not my strong suit.

It was raining Saturday morning so Ellie's game and Jack's practice were cancelled.  I was not heartbroken.  Ellie and I were able to go watch my niece Aidyn's piano recital.  She did awesome!

Sunday was busy. We were celebrating my mom's 65th birthday at Mark and Rosie's house, but Tom's family was also celebrating my niece's birthday at the same time. After eating with us, Tom took the older two kids to the party while Sam and I stayed for the rest of my mom's party.  I guess I missed the excitement because Tom's brother proposed to his girlfriend at the party (the party was for their little girl). I had my own excitement, though, because Sam fell in the pool and I had to go in after him.  I was halfway expecting it to happen. I even took my phone out of my pocket and took off my Fitbit just in case it happened.  Taking preventative measures is also not my strong suit, but being prepared is! ;)
Prior to falling in the pool
Drying off after they ALL "fell" in the pool


Sam and my brother looking fierce

No comments: