Friday, April 17, 2015

Too tired to think of a title

Yesterday, I went home determined to be a better mom.  I worked with Ellie (aka The Hoarder) on cleaning her room for about two hours. Then I made the kids a gourmet dinner of hot dogs and peas. Sam immediately threw his plate on the floor in a fit of rage. At this point, I decided I was done.  Tom was home for the first night in days so I told him I was going to take a shower (at 5:30).  After a very long shower, I grabbed the iPad and some headphones and climbed into bed for an ANTM marathon.  This is very unusual for me. I have working-mom guilt so I always feel like I need to spend all my at-home time either with the kids or getting stuff done around the house.  But, as you can tell from my post yesterday, I am a little burnt out. Tom did an awesome job running interference and letting me have some alone time.

We had a massive thunder storm all night long and our ridiculous dog kept us up for hours.  We put her in the garage, in our bedroom, back in the garage...it was like a circus.  Needless to say, Tom and I got very little sleep so I was not in the best of moods this morning.  Certainly not in the mood to deal with this:

You can't really see it, but Sam is throwing his body around and banging his head on the floor.  I have no idea what he was so mad about, but I tried really hard to figure it out and to distract him.  So, not the best start to the day, but it IS Friday.  And it is my sweet mom's birthday. And Tom does not have any track meets this weekend...which is a good thing since I am keeping my sister's kids and both Jack and Ellie have games. So, I am going to work on changing my attitude and I am going to try to give Sam more one-on-one attention this weekend. I've got this.

No comments: