Thursday I took Jack and Levi to their lessons with Sam in tow. I thought I could keep Sam contained in a stroller if I let him watch Elmo on my phone.
I thought wrong.
He did enjoy climbing up and down the bleachers and pushing his stroller around the pool area - screaming at me whenever I would stop him from pushing it into the pool. Or out the door.
This was Jack's last lesson. His instructor was in the water with the kids for all of 10 minutes before getting them out of the pool and walking them over to the adjacent pool. She then sat there on the side with them for a full 10 minutes without even talking to them. I texted a picture of it to my sister as proof to justify my outrage.
Apparently, she was waiting for another instructor to come over. When he did, the kids still sat on the side, but he spent another 10 minutes explaining the rules of the pool. These lessons are only 4 days, 35 minutes each. During all the sitting, I walked over to complain to the guy in charge behind the desk. This is very unlike me. I never complain (I mean, I complain online and in text, but not to someone's face). The guy in charge told me to wait til after the lesson and share my concern. Um, it was the last lesson and I certainly was not signing up for more. Plus, I had to rush to t-ball after the lesson so I had no time to tell them how to do their job.
After the pointless lesson ended, the boys changed clothes and I rushed them out the door to the baseball fields where we caught the tail-end of Ellie's practice. And then I made her take Sam to the park so I could watch Jack practice. By the time we got home, it was waaay past Sam's bedtime and even past Jack and Ellie's.
Tom had his varsity meet on Friday and I was supposed to take everyone to Ellie's teammate's house to decorate the float and eat pizza. Well, an email was sent out about the parade and opening day ceremonies being cancelled due to rain. I was thrilled. The kids, not so much. Then, Ellie's team decides they are still getting together for pizza, candy, and team-building. I made the executive decision that it was not worth two late nights in a row for Sam. Ellie was not happy with me. I tried to make it up to them by ordering pizza and putting on Jumanji.
Jack woke up bright and early the following morning and put on his new uniform even though I told him his 3 PM game would most likely be rained out. It was. He was sad. I was not. Well, I was sad he was sad.
Sunday was church as usual and then Tom and I took turns taking naps. I took the later shift which made me unable to fall asleep last night until 1 AM. And then my alarm went off at 5. I am hoping my students are as tired as I am today and thus be a little more mellow.



No comments:
Post a Comment